Wednesday 1st March to Sunday 9th April 2017!
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a global prayer to end abortion which sees incredible results!
Simultaneous vigils will happen throughout the world! Get involved and you can help save lives!
40 Days for Life runs in 40 countries across more than 600 cities and is known to have saved 12,668 lives and resulted in 83 abortion centre closures worldwide. It s internationally co-ordinated and locally run so that through prayer and fasting, community outreach and peaceful vigil, we might help to bring about an end to the tragedy of abortion and offer hope to abortion vulnerable.
This Lent, for the first time, 40 Days for Life vigils in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch will run 12 hours a day, every day for 40 consecutive days - so this will be the largest 40 Days for Life mobilisation ever seen in New Zealand. This means we need volunteers more than ever, to take shifts in small groups to keep peaceful and prayerful vigil outside your local abortion centre.
Your presence saves lives!
40 Days for Life
Stay with me
40 Days for Life
Together we Stand
40 Days for Life works, it offers hope and saves lives.
This amazing video shows how 40 Days for Life saved an Auckland family:
How can I participate?
If you are interested in being a part of 40 Days for Life, then we'd like to hear from you! Here's how you can
* Sign up to pray during the vigil at your local 40 Days for Life vigil site;
* Invite and encourage friends, family members, and parishioners/your church community to participate;
* Distribute flyers;
* Speak at your church, parish or faith-based group about 40 Days for Life and invite participation;
* Encourage your church or group to adopt a day during the vigil and be responsible for filling the hours;
* Learn how to talk to mothers, fathers, abortion facility staff and the public in truth and love;
* Provide feedback on your past experience of 40 Days for Life;
the hours for a half a day or even a full day!
2 Riccarton Avenue • Christchurch
Together, let us rise up in prayer and fasting and pray for an end to abortion in New Zealand!
Official 40 Days for Life prayer reflections and devotionals can be found here.
Other prayer resources can be found here.
More information can be found at the 40 Days for Life official website.
Find out more about the history of 40 Days for Life in this short video:
Last updated 20 February 2017